As a sister organization to Computer Aid, the IT Metrics and Productivity Institute (ITMPI) focuses on promoting best practices in the areas of Software Process, Software Metrics, Software Estimation, and IT Governance. One of the ways it does this is by offering live webinars and maintaining an archive of previously recorded webinars.
In light of the focus of this blog, we’ve reviewed the listing of upcoming live webinars. We believe you would enjoy the following webinars that explore risk:
- Data Collection for Risk Identification
- The Organizational Politics of Risk Management
- Sizing, Cost, Schedule and Risk for Software: A 10 Step Process
And when you can’t attend, we record the webinars and provide them for free viewing for the first week after the webinar has aired. After that time, you can purchase access to the webinar for a nominal fee.
These webinar recordings are stored in our webinar archives. There is a search feature that allows you to search either by category or by speaker. When you search by the category of Risk Management, you get a list of almost 15 webinars to choose from. Some of the more interesting webinars include:
- Early Warning Signs of IT Failure: The Four Horsemen of Doom
- Managing the Black Hole: The Executive’s Guide to Software Project Risk
- Speaking the Language of Risk
- The Race to the South Pole: Lessons in Risk Management for Leaders
- The Software Baby Boomer Risk
- Welcome to the Land (and Brand!) of Risk
Look over the full list of webinars and maybe purchase some. Then let’s talk about what you’ve learned, the topics you’d like to see us offer, and suggestions for improvement.